It’s the first day of fall and it was a gorgeous one here on the east cost with sunny and crisp air. The humidity is finally gone and with drier air comes drier skin, which means we have to moisturize more. For me this seasons means also Goodbye to burned and blemished skin, to mosquito bites and allergies, and Welcome to clean and bright luxurious skin. It’s about finding products with the most luxurious ingredients:
1. Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse is a blend of Almond, Macadamia and Hazelnut oils, calming Camellia, mood-lifting St. John’s Worth and Borage oil. I’ve never heard of Borage oil before so I assume you haven’t either: Borage oil is derived from Starflower seeds and is a nother uber-competent oil, that helps repair the skin from damage and eczema. Nuxe (a combination of the words “nature” and “luxe”) Huile Prodigieuse is a dry oil, leaving the skin with a matte finish. It has a luxurious nutty smell of which I can’t get enough. Use it as cleanse, or as moisturizer after cleansing morning and evening.
2. Aesop B and Tea Balancing Toner is an alcohol free toner packed with Provitamin B5 and Green Tea extract. While Aesop products aren’t necessarily all natural, this toner has a pretty good list of ingredients excluding Parabens, Sulfates, and Phtalates. I actually wish Aesop would have more natural products, because I love the design, the smell and the store concept. Use the toner at night after cleansing.
Price: ca 32$
3. I’ve already written about the Wild Rose Beauty Elixir from Neal’s Yard Remedies and I still have the same love for it. Try fresh ” target=”_blank”>Rose petal tea to complement the treatment from the inside.
4. Another Neal’s Yard Remedy that I love is the Frankincense Hydrating Cream. Frankincense, now the signature scent of any catholic church, has been used and valued since ancient times. It protects the skin from free radicals, works therapeutic on neurodermatitis and prevents wrinkles. Myrrh, which was used by Egyptians for thousands of years, joins Frankincense in this amazing cream to make your face smell like you just visited a story of 1,001 Arabian Nights.
5. Clark’s Botanicals Deep Moisturizing Mask uses plant based ingredients like Comfrey, a herb used in Chinese traditional medicine, Green Tea Extract and Jasmin Oil to deeply nourish dry and tired skin.
6. Christopher Drummond Beauty Sateen Blush is the first organic blush I use, just because I find blush always too strong and haven’t used it for many years. This one is very subtle and conjures a fresh rosy color on my cheeks, brightening my face instantly. This blush and some Mascara is all I need to create a finished look.
Price: ca 28$